Thursday, November 1, 2012

My First Juices!



My birthday is coming up, and for an early birthday present my Boyfriend gave me the money to get a juicer (which was on my birthday list!) I am happy to say that I purchased my juicer and have begun juicing! I made my first juice yesterday. It was delicious and consisted of 4 oranges, 4 lemons, 8 strawberries, 8 carrots and 2 inches of ginger. It was a bit on the sour side, because of the lemons. But from now on I intend to use half the number of lemons and make this juice regularly.


Today I made a second juice, a Green Juice. I juiced spinach, celery, kale, Swiss chard, 2 Granny Smith apples, 1 Gala apple, about 6 small strawberries and 2 carrots. At first I only intended to use green veggies and green apples... but I tasted it and decided that I needed some sweetness so then I added the carrots, red apple and strawberries.

I also noticed that my juicer didn't do too well with the Spinach or the kale. It actually just seemed to chop them up and dispense it into the pulp bin and didn't make much juice from these vegetables. This is something I need to look into! But overall, I'm excited that I've began juicing and I'm looking forward to incorporating juice into my diet.

And thanks Babe for the Birthday Gift :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment